Seoul 2013 part 2

Before I proceed, I forgot to mention that we exchanged our US dollars for Won at Incheon airport. They also accept Philippine Pesos. Ang sakit sa bangs ng currency nila, ang purchases namin in thousands of pesos lagi haha! Ask us how much we spent for our dinner, 70,000++… won nga lang :)

So in continuation of part 1, when I woke up the next day (which was already late btw), Gary was complaining of stomach and head ache. I touched his cheeks and confirmed that he has fever. I gave him paracetamol and antacid. He threw-up all the food he ate the night before and took a hot shower. He said he feels much better. Feeling ko di sya natunawan.

So past noon, we headed for our first tourist destination. Our itinerary for the day includes Gyeongbokgung palace, Changdeokgung palace and Myeong-dong night market. We ate our lunch at a restaurant beside Gyeongbokgung palace. I ordered baby back ribs (just to be safe), I ordered soup for my kids because it has noodles. Unfortunately the soup was cold. It even has crushed ice, parang halo-halo lang! We couldn’t find the Korean food that we wanted to eat. Gary ordered soup because he said he can’t eat solid food yet, but ended up with soup that tastes like grass and with rough consistency (if there’s such a thing). Anyway, we enjoyed the scenic views of Gyeongbokgung.  One side you see the city, the other side mountain.








We left Gyeongbokgung palace around 6pm. It took us so long to see the whole place because the area is really huge plus the fact that Gary was not at his best, he needs to sit and rest every now and then.

Obviously, we need to change the itinerary. So instead of going to another palace, we opted to go straight to the night market. But Gary prefers the electronic market because he wants to buy a new laptop, we headed then to Yongsan. We reached the station but we were not sure what we were looking for, a mall with different stores or just a street with stalls. We were not able to do research because it was decided out of the blue. Here’s a photo of Yongsan station/mall that I find interesting. Sorry though for the not-so-clear photo.


Gary couldn’t walk any further, so we decided to just go back to the hostel. We suggested that Rex and Dexter can still visit other places if they want to, but they opted to go with us.

Back at the hostel, we had few bottles of beer again, this time at our room’s terrace, with me, Rex and Dexter minus Gary. Oh! Btw, we ate Korean Ice Cream first before we had beer. I also bought lots of Korean junk food because I wanted to try them all. Walang basagan ng trip! Gary was lying on the bed the whole time until he was able to fall asleep. So three of us plus Marcus were discussing the next day’s itinerary, with side comments on how vain South Koreans are. For one, face surgery is very common to them. They even have ads posted on the train. Anyway, we agreed that we’re going to leave earlier the next day so that we can maximize the day hoping that Gary will be well…


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>